Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Traditions

This past weekend's message got me thinking...about a lot of things. About consumerism, myself, the people around me, the world we live in, the traditions we cherish, and the traditions we do every year just because we've always done them. Those are just a few things that came to mind as I listened.

Growing up we had a few Christmas traditions...some were because we had to have them - such as spending part of Christmas Day with my mom and part with my dad - some were because we chose to have them - such as receiving a special Hallmark ornament every year.

Had you asked me a week ago about a Christmas Tradition we had growing up, I may have said I couldn't think of any that really stuck out to me...but after putting up the Christmas Tree this year - I can say that the Hallmark Ornaments are probably one of my favorite traditions. You see, the Hallmark Ornaments aren't on the tree this year, they haven't made the move to Indiana yet and I thought I was okay with that, but everytime I look at the tree - I know they're missing. The tree is pretty - white lights, blue and maroon ornaments, but it doesn't have the memories that go along with each ornament. The memories of childhood and life.

What are some of your favorite holiday memories?

What Christmas Traditions do you celebrate and why?

What Christmas Traditions do you want to start?

0 comments: