Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baptism

This is baptism weekend ... and its not only going to be special ... its going to be a memorable one as people in service are given the opportunity to respond immediately and be baptized!

Every baptism weekend it takes me back to a conversation I had about a year ago with a five year old. This little boy had been pulled from class and was sitting with me in the hallway until he could settle down and return to class. As we were sitting in the hallway the live baptisms were on the screens ... which led to this conversation...

Kid: "Can I be bap-ti-tized?"

Me: "Yes, when you're a little older"

Kid: "Oh, well ... when I get bap-ti-tized can I wear my swimmies?" (swimmie = flotation device)

Me: "I don't think you'll need your swimmies"

Kid: "Yes I will, can I wear them?"

Me: (now trying not to bust out laughing) "I'm sure if you need your swimmies they'll let you wear them"


Oh how I hope I see the day this kid wears his swimmies into the water on Baptism Weekend :-)

0 comments: