Sunday, March 7, 2010

Speechless

Like I said in my last post ... "this weekend is going to be pretty special" and it so was. To the point that I have no idea what to say...

I have the privilege each weekend of experiencing all three services - attending one and walking the early childhood hall during the other two - although I'm always "on call" for any "massive vomit" situations! Like I said, its a privilege that especially on these really really cool weekends that I get to experience it with everyone during all of the services.

This past weekend was no different as Steve asked at the end of each service for anyone who wanted to, to come up and be baptized. It was the first time we had done this, so there was no way to know what to expect. God was there and moved in so many hearts - leading more than 300 to be baptized during the three services.

I'm still trying to process it all ... but I know one thing that I've taken away from this weekend is that we don't dream big enough ... God is more powerful, mighty, and amazing than we are and more than we will ever understand and when He shows up in a mighty way lives are changed forever! Our supply of about 60 shirts and shorts didn't even come close to the number that actually responded during each service - leaving us to "warm" wet towels for those yet to be baptized!

I'm also reminded of a devotional I heard about a month ago ... it was about stepping out in faith and having God meet you there. It's much like what David did when he faced Goliath - he stepped out and God met him there. I'm so excited for all of those who "stepped out" this weekend in faith - God met each of them where they were and gave them the courage to come forward ... what a great reminder to me to step out in faith and dream God-sized dreams.

God is BIGGER than anything we will understand and MIGHTIER than anything we will ever face!


Dream big :-)

Here's just a tiny part of what went on this weekend...

1 comments:

TEAMThompson said...

I'm still on a high from this weekend's service! Although I only knew a couple of the people baptized on Saturday night, the tears kept falling and I cheered for all 100 people like they were family. Then I realized why. It's because they are family, and God's family is a beautiful thing. Saturday's service is one I will never forget!