Friday, April 23, 2010

My Church

This past weekend was powerful ... not that the last six or so haven't been.  So, maybe the better way to put it is that this past weekend was extra powerful.  Yet, I don't know that it was actually what happened in the service that struck me as one of the most powerful parts ... its actually what will happen next week and the weeks to come.

Before reading on, do me a favor and watch this.  Don't just be overcome by the power of the moment, but ask yourself what your response would be if that was your friend, your small group leader, your child's sunday school teacher walking across the stage...



...and that is one thing that I LOVE about my church.  More than 40 people told their story on stage last weekend ... they didn't think twice about people's reactions to their story, they knew that their story is part of God's story, so they proudly walked across the stage last weekend to exclaim what God has done!

And this weekend ... they won't be outcast, but will instead be loved and embraced by their friends and others they may not know as we rejoice together over the work that God is doing.  I don't know about you, but I think it takes a lot of courage to do that, but thankfully I've found a place where you can be exactly who you are and you'll be loved just because God loves you.

0 comments: