Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Past 8 Weeks

For those of you who don't know, the past 8 weeks have been some of the busiest most amazing weeks of my life!  It all began the last weekend of Februray when we did this and has continued in a way that only God could carry on.  We've seen this and these and even a marching band.  Ultimately though, I've witnessed changed life after changed life.

This past weekend we welcomed more than one thousand kiddos through the doors and thousands more adults.  The last eight weeks have been nothing short of experiencing God in a constant way.

Yet, through it all God has been working on me.  Its a work that isn't finished, but that seriously began last fall when I transitioned from overseeing 3-5's to 0-5's ... a transition I was ready for, but that would have never done on my own ... God knew that.  I enjoy having the control, knowing exactly what's going to happen and how it's going to happen.  Knowing that rooms are well covered for weekends and that everyone knows exactly what to do, but that's what God has been working on me about.  And in a lot of ways He's taken all control away.  It's hard to grow quickly and stay in complete control.  But, that's ok, because its really not me who needs the control ... it's God. 

So, for all of us control freaks leading ministries, families, lives ... take my advice ... just let God have the control ... its so much easier that way :-)

And with that, I'm going to get back on the blogging train ... sharing thoughts and life ... instead of trying to control what's happening :-)

0 comments: