Saturday, June 6, 2009

Quote of the Night...

The first weekend of each month right now is my weekend to teach large group.  Since its just me I often tell the story and skip over the into skit since it often involves 2+ people.  Tonight though the skit was just too cute to pass over and it made a great connection to what the preschoolers are learning this weekend ... at least I thought it did!

This month we're learning about the Bible ... and how God gave the Bible to us so that we could know about Him.  The skit helped children connect how a cookbook helps us cook, just like the Bible helps us know God.  We searched through several books on a shelf and found the cookbook during the opening skit ... so after we found the cookbook I showed the kids a recipe in the book and began to make the snack mix in the recipe when...

One of my preschoolers says...

"What does this have to do with anything anyway?"

Of course I lost all train of thought and began laughing - then ditched the intro skit and went right into the Bible lesson!  

0 comments: