Friday, August 28, 2009

Fresh Air

This past week has literally been like a breath of fresh air.  I'm not going to lie ... it's been a crazy, busy week ... but it's been good!  Summers are hard ... especially when you're running something with volunteers - everyone is busy, not only you, but everyone else too who helps out.  That's where I've been all summer.  Knowing that God is going to provide exactly what we need.  Its always a learning process for me as I am a planner and in times like this I just have to trust that it's going to be okay.  

But, last weekend was refreshing.  God moved in the hearts of many, many people and filled us back up ... not only with volunteers, but with energy.  Summer was busy, at times frustrating, and I found myself longing for volunteers that we didn't have many times over the last several weeks ... however, this week has been amazingly refreshing.  

I LOVE helping people plug into ministry and it makes me smile each time I have the opportunity to schedule a new volunteer, knowing that God is going to use this opportunity to work in their life and in the lives of the children that they are going to touch!

So, THANK YOU to all of you who are giving your time to serve ... you may be in a classr
oom, in the workroom, at a computer, or holding a pair of scissors cutting out curriculum supplies at home ... but you're helping in a HUGE way ... you're helping to make something happen that couldn't happen without you!

"One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something"
-Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for doing your "something" you're making a HUGE impact!


0 comments: