Monday, November 23, 2009

B ::: Bible

Continuing on with the Thankful Alphabet ... B is for Bible.


I was thinking the other day about how thankful I am that I can read God's Word in my language and that I can legally have a Bible and that I have the money to purchase a Bible ... even several Bibles. I take it for granted that I can at any moment reach for God's Word and simply begin to read it. Many find themselves unable to get the Bible, restricted from it, or simply unable to read it because its not in their language.

While at Cedarville I heard a Wycliffe Bible Translator speak during the MIssions Conference one year and her story simply fascinated me, but also reminded me that I take it for granted that I have an English copy of the Bible! There are so many waiting around the world for the Bible to be translated into their language!

0 comments: