Thursday, November 5, 2009

Complaining

Ok, so I've been a little MIA this week ... I mean there's been a lot going on and I just haven't had time to sit down and type, in fact I haven't even had time to think about what to blog over the course of the day. Oh wait ... am I complaining? I HATE complaining ... I mean really really really really hate complaining.

After a long day yesterday I couldn't wait to get home, I just wanted to sit down and rest, but what I wanted more was to tell someone all the things that were stressing me out at the moment. I wasn't about to pick up the phone and call someone, because like I said ... I HATE complaining.

Then, I opened up my devotional last night and it said ... "If you were to complain to God right now, what would your complaint be?" Um, woah!!! Complain ... to God??? What is this about???

You see, the Israelites complained to God ... they complained that there was only Manna and Quail and that the Manna only came at a certain time and that they couldn't take whatever they wanted, and that ... well it could go on and on. But, they were missing that God had provided for them EVERYTHING they needed, it just wasn't what they thought they needed.

So, how has God fulfilled things in ways you weren't expecting, or maybe haven't even realized yet ... is God "enough"?

Take some time to tell God of your "complaints" and ask Him to show you how He's provided in those situations!

0 comments: