Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a post ready to go, but then I came across these words yesterday and I think it touches on something I so often take for granted ... thanking God for who He is ...

"And so this Thanksgiving, although we still have much to be thankful for, I am reminded that some times, some seasons of life, we must be thankful simply for who God is, not just simply for the pain we have avoided." You can read the rest of the post by clicking here.

Simply who God is ... not what He's done for you or provided for you or not done or what you're still asking Him to do ... how often do we just simply rest in WHO God is and be thankful for that?

I don't know what this past year has held for you. For me, I have a lot to be thankful for and I don't take any of that for granted, but I think its important to remember that ultimately we need to thank God for WHO He is and that He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow - no matter what those times may have held, are holding, or will hold for your life.

So today, as you enjoy time with family and friends, take time to reflect on who God is to you and how He is the constant in our ever changing lives ... and thank Him for that!

0 comments: