Monday, November 16, 2009

The Joy

I found this video on a friends blog today and it could not have come at a more perfect time. Yesterday, I was sharing with someone how my trip to Africa changed my life completely 7 years ago. And this video pretty much wraps up the reason why.



You see, I landed in Africa less than two weeks after my dad had died. It was a time that could have been all about me, all about my suffereing, my problems, my wants and needs ... BUT ... the JOY of the people in South Africa (and all around Africa) showed me a different way of thinking, a different way of life. My happiness isn't based, on what I have or don't have, or the sorrow that was currently surrounding me in my life. My happiness is based on WHO I know ... and knowing that this life isn't all there is ... there's so much more with Jesus!

What are you basing your happiness on?

0 comments: