Monday, February 8, 2010

Music Monday

Typically, I don't post along with Music Monday ... but ... today I will!

Many of you have probably heard God of Wonders.

For me, when I hear it, I can't help but be taken back to a beach along the Indian Ocean, just outside of East London, South Africa after dark listening to the waves roll in nearly 8 years ago.

It was a night that I will never forget as we sang this song with a lone guitar and our voices, staring at the stars above. For me, it was the night that everything came together - the night I realized that God was the same on this side of the world as He is on the other side. The night I realized the world was bigger than my world and God was bigger than my view of Him. That night forever changed me.

Psalm 19:1-4

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
2 Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
3 They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.
4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.


0 comments: