Monday, December 14, 2009

Poverty

The Christmas Messages this month at church have been unlink anything I have ever heard ... yet they have been more challenging than most messages I have ever heard. And I've heard a TON of messages - I went to Cedarville University where you go to chapel every day for four years ... I'm not going to do the math on how many messages that is in four years (just Monday to Friday, not including weekend's at church).

These messages have really challenged me to not just sit tight, but to do something ... anything, for children who don't have a voice. This past weekend (video is available on the website) the message was on poverty and service finished with a powerful video about how much money we spend on things like potato chips and soft drinks a year and how that money could be used to help children around the world. Over the past few days I've been reflecting on what I can do to make a difference and I hope to share a few of these things with you in the future.

For now, think about what you can do to make a difference.



0 comments: