Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

You would have to be living under a rock to not know what happened in Haiti on Tuesday.

The devastation is massive and many are still trapped.

This has been an incredibly busy and stressful week, and for me, its almost been like "just another thing" ... but it shouldn't be. Those are people's lives, it could've been my life, or yours.

So tonight, as the quiet sets in and the week begins to settle down - I'm searching myself, my heart - asking what it is that I can do to help someone in need ... something that won't just last in this time of need, but that will last long beyond it. There will come a day when we won't see the photos on tv ... yet their lives will go on rebuilding from the devastation, and so will mine. How will you remember Haiti, not just today or tomorrow, but for the years to come? Will you continue to pray for them long beyond this time?

For those of you in Indy, there's a prayer service at Northview tomorrow night (Friday) from 6-8pm.

There are also many amazing organizations that you can partner with during this time including Compassion International, Red Cross, and Doctors Without Borders

0 comments: