Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Creativity

I've been looking for a chalk/dry erase/message ... basically anything to post notes on ... for awhile now.  But, finding something that was inexpensive, yet would hold up, and looked nice has been quite difficult.  Until, a few weeks ago I saw an idea at a friend's house.  They had taken a piece of canvas and painted it with chalkboard paint ... thus creating their own message board!

I decided to it for for myself this weekend and am quite excited with how it turned out!


Here's what I did if you want to create your own...

1.  Selected a piece of canvas (check out the craft stores for 50% off sales on this stuff!)
2. I painted it with chalkboard paint and allowed to dry overnight
3. Hot glue cork on, if you want - to create a place to tack things on the board
4. Add ribbon for decoration
5. The wood sunshines are available in many different styles at craft stores.  I glued paper clips on the back of them to create a place where I could hang photos, cards, etc on the board without having to use a tack!

Overall, the board cost about a third of the price that the message boards do in stores!  Have fun creating your own!

0 comments: