Monday, October 12, 2009

CTA

Chicago. Transit. Authority.

Enough said.

No seriously, I'm pretty sure the mafia is still running parts of the city.

I went downtown yesterday to walk around and we took the train to get there.

Now, if you say anything with confidence others believe you know what you're doing ... so that's what I did as I said "let's take the train".

Now, there was so much more to "let's take the train". First, we had to get to the train, then get a fare card, get on the train, ride the train, get off the train, and then once again find the train and get on it in order to complete our trip. I mean, that's all simple ... I've done it in DC tons of times, so why would Chicago be any different?

Our excursion began with quite the sight in the parking lot of our hotel. The hotel runs a shuttle to the airport (also the end of the train line) every hour. So, when we showed up for the 2p shuttle ... the hotel employee informed us that ... "2p is the only hour the shuttle doesn't run, but don't worry. I've called a taxi."

Oh no! A taxi I thought ... I've never been in a taxi, but how bad could it be.

Well, this is where the mafia part comes in as we're waiting for a taxi. We have our voucher sine its on the hotel for not running their shuttle. Well, TWO taxis pull up and the drivers begin to argue over who is suppose to take us to the airport ... finally one of the drivers threatens to arrest the other driver which causes the driver who wasn't suppose to be there to leave.

Now, that we're in the correct taxi and the police haven't been called we speed off to chicago o'hare ... where we begin our trip downtown...

stay tuned for the rest of the story ... its a good one :-)

0 comments: