Friday, October 23, 2009

RESET

The Prayer Experience @ NVCL was pretty cool. Beyond anything it was peaceful, relaxing, and a time when I was able to focus on nothing else ... except God! I really enjoyed the time to get back on track and reset the assumptions that I've carried about Jesus for a long time. It did a great job pulling out the things that you don't even think of ... it goes beyond the obvious and really digs at the heart.

On the way home I was listening to a "take home" CD about prayer and it was going through P.R.A.Y.

P - Praise God for who He is
R - Repent of any sins in your life
A - Ask ... boldly ask God
Y - Yield ... just be quiet and listen, give God and opportunity to answer

To be honest I'm terrible at the Y ... I can't even listen to an entire song on the radio - even my favorite song, so its especially hard for me to just sit and be quiet waiting for a potential answer from God.

Tonight though, I was determined to make it through all four parts of the prayer activity. I was listening to the CD and was trying to spread it out over the course of my approx 15 minute drive home. Granted, I might have rushed a little and was already at the Y part of the CD with several minutes still left in my drive. After listening and sitting quietly for a couple minutes I decided to turn off the CD and turn on the radio ... it was then that God answered my prayers. I had boldly asked God about a couple things that I'm dealing with right now ... and His answer? "It's all going to be okay" .... as I turned on the radio my favorite song was on, it was almost as if it was waiting for me to turn it on and those were the first words I heard! God is amazing and He works in and through us in amazing ways!

Take a few minutes to listen to this song ...





0 comments: