Sunday, October 25, 2009

Solo Sunday

Lectio Divina: its the ancient method of reading, thinking, praying, and living Scripture. Basically, its developing a conversation between you and God.

During the recent RESET Series I have been challenged to really take a close look at my quiet time with God. To really dive in and develop it into what He wants it to be, not what I want it to be - how fast or slow or deep or shallow or existent or nonexistent I want. It's not about me or my comfort ... its about developing an ongoing conversation with God between me and Him.

There are 365 "devotions" within Solo:Remix, based around The Message Bible, thought, prayer, and living out faith. But, every 7th day is missing ... its a time to go back over the previous week, reflect on it, and just talk to God. I'm hoping to use Solo Sundays as a time to reflect about what God is doing.

So, look for weekly Solo Sundays as I hope to share with you what God is doing and maybe even cause you to reflect on what He is doing in your own life!

0 comments: