Friday, October 16, 2009

Slow Down

This past week I ventured out to Parke County. It's west of Indianapolis and is full of small towns, curvy country roads, and covered bridges. It's a beautiful area and I had been there once before, but never for the Covered Bridge Festival. It's a festival that is apparently famous around the country and is on of the largest in the United States! There were vendors from everywhere!

On the suggestion of a friend, my mom and I went to the town of Bridgeton. I had been here before when I wanted to get away from the city a few months ago. When I came upon Bridgeton there was a new bridge next to the covered bridge. It looked like all the others I had stopped and taken pictures of, so I just glanced and kept driving.

However, Thursday we walked to the other side of the bridge and what I saw was beautiful. There was a waterfall just under the bridge - it was an incredible sight.

I was immediately reminded that I need to slow down and take the time to enjoy the small things in life. That day a few months ago I raced on past, hurrying off to other things, instead of stopping and taking the time to take a look at the bridge. It wasn't just like the other bridges, what I missed was one of the most beautiful sights in the whole county!

What are you missing as you race about in your everyday life? Take time this week to slow down, and look for the details in the things around you!


“Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart.”


-Unknown

0 comments: